Instructions for Oral PresentationsAll session halls are equipped with standard PowerPoint presentation facilities. All presentations will be networked to the appropriate room from the “Speakers’ Ready Room” (located in the room 153). Your presentation must be submitted to the “Speakers’ Ready Room” at least 1 ½ before the beginning of your session.
A technician is available in every session room to provide assistance when needed. Due to the online presentation system, all speakers are kindly requested to use provided PC onsite. Please be present in the session room 15 minutes prior the start of your session and follow the instructions from the Chairs and/or technician.
- Please use the Microsoft PowerPoint* (*.ppt) or (*pptx), or Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf) to guarantee they will open successfully on an on-site PC.
- We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT(X) format instead of PPS.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee the quality of MacIntosh-based presentations, please check in advance (2 hours before your session starts) their Windows compatibility.
- Please prepare your presentation in 16:9 format (screens are in 16:9 aspect)
- JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images. GIF, TIF or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
- Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images that are created at a dpi setting higher than 200 dpi are not necessary and will only increase the file size of your presentation. Try to avoid overloading your presentation with unnecessary images.
- In case you have any videos in your presentation - please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the MPEG-1 and AVI format should work with no difficulties. Video inserted into MS PowerPoint 2010 and higher versions are embedded into the presentations.
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of your presentation.
- Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma.
If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation, see details below:
- Click on „File“, then „Save As“
- Check the „Tools“ menu and select „Embed True Type Fonts“
How to save your presentation
Please save your presentation in one of the following disc or medium:
- External portable hard drive
- USB flash disc
- Save all files associated with your presentation (PowerPoint file, movie / video files, etc.) to one folder / location.
- In case you are presenting more than one presentation during the event, save different presentations to different folders and name them clearly with the presentation code to avoid on-site misunderstandings and problems.
- Always make a backup copy of your presentation and save it on a different portable disc or medium than the original presentation.
How to submit your presentation on-sitePlease come to the Speakers´ Ready Room (located in the room 153) at least 1 ½ hour before the beginning of your session. In case your speech has been scheduled for morning session please come to the Speakers´ Ready Room (located in the room 153) one day before the day of your presentation.
Opening hours of the Speakers´ Ready Room
|Sunday, June 30||16:00 - 19:30|
|Monday, July 1||08:00 – 17:30|
|Tuesday, July 2||08:00 – 17:30|
|Wednesday, July 3||08:00 – 12:00|
|Thursday, July 4||08:00 – 17:30|
|Friday, July 5||08:00 – 12:30|
AV Equipment in each hall
- screen (ratio 16:9)
- PC (will be put on the lectern, it is connected via LAN with the Speakers´ Ready Room)
- presenter (remote control)
- sound system
- microphones (for lectern, head table, auditorium)
- During your lecture you will be using Remote Control for controlling your presentation
- Your own notebook will not be allowed to be used for presentation unless exceptionally scheduled
- All presentations will be deleted from all the PC used during the event
- We kindly ask all the speakers to keep the time of their presentations